Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Ready For Fall!



I'm so excited to finally be in semi-cold weather! October is around the corner! Which means Austin and I's one year, Halloween the Texas State Fair!! I can't even begin to express my excitement. I love wearing winter clothes and buying long sleeve shirts, boots, scarfs and etc. I can't believe it's gonna be one year since i started dating Austin. This has by far, been the longest year of my life, but surprisingly it went by super fast. I hope the next year and a half will be the same way. I guess you could say i learned a lot during this past year. Especially with the Army. I never thought i'd know as much as i do now. It makes me really happy to know that i have actually stood by Austin this long. Not that i had doubts about it, i just feel it's a huge accomplishment. I never knew i would be where i am today with him. I never thought we'd be as close as we are. I've learned so much about him this past year. So much.

I remember thinking when he first asked me to be his girlfriend, how hard it would be. I was completely clueless. I had no idea what i was getting myself into. When he asked me out, i knew he was just waiting to get rejected. Considering what he was asking me it was only natural for him to feel this way. "Will you be my girlfriend? Even though i won't be home for 2 more years, you will barely see me, night's alone will suck, Skype will be our best friend, etc." I knew all of this, but it was a risk i was willing to take. I had never done this long distance thing before so i had no reason to say i couldn't do it. I went into this relationship not knowing what the outcome would be. There was two outcomes. We could be fine and make it, or be miserable and break up.



I learned so much about him this past year it amazes me. I had never dated a military guy before but i had heard a lot about them...i had no reason to think he was any different. But after two months passed, three months, six months, i knew he didn't want me like that. He actually cared about me. And during the time we weren't together i learned a lot about him, because we had no other choice but to just...talk. So i learned to listen to him very well. I don't think i have ever learned so much about a person this early in a relationship. And now that i have, i can't imagine how i ever got by without him. Our timing was perfect i must say, considering i had just left an ex i had wasted the past 3 years of my life with. Just when i thought there was not one guy out there that was decent...this amazing, adorable, big hunk of a man came into my life and swept me off my feet just like that.

I got Austin an anniversary gift! I also had planned on going up to Washington for our one year. That's usually all i save my money for these days...airline tickets. He's worth it though. I don't really know what we'll do. I've never actually "celebrated" one before. I've acknowledged some...but never did anything for it. So it's kind of exciting for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment