Saturday, December 17, 2011

Operation: Stand By Your Man


I was a part of the Facebook page "Military Wives, Girlfriends and Fiances"...however they shut the page down. I was addicted to that page and was on it almost every day. I joined a few other support pages and after i posted questions seeking advice that would never got answered, I realized i wanted to create a space for women to come to for advice and to be assured their questions would be answered! I knew it would be hard to create a trust worthy page by myself so i asked a friend of mine, Kailene. Why not? She had been involved in this military lifestyle for years. I needed someone with a good amount of experience to make this work. So we teamed up and created Operation: Stand By Your Man & Operation: Stand By Your Man XXX. We created this to store our information, gather helpful tips, and to create a fun space for military s/o's to come to when the last thing they want to think about is the military! 

Update: 4/21/12 

We have reached over a thousand likes on the page and continue to get more each day. I've met so many fabulous women and love hearing their stories! We get over 50 emails a day from women all over the United States, asking for advice. Since the creation of the page Kailene and i have added Ashley, Crystal, Amanda, Kate and Myrna to the admin family. We've done really well and we actually have 3,000 likes now! The page keeps growing and soon we'll have 10,000 fans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment