Thursday, January 12, 2012

Frustrations of an Army Girlfriend.


You know... I love my man with all my heart and there is nothing I can't handle. But I must take a moment to vent. Let me just tell you how hard it can be to handle a man that is away. It is soooo difficult. There is a strain on the relationship because for the time being its hard to actually have the "relationship." Being with someone in the military you are put in a hard position. Your man expects you to understand what he is going through and to be positive 24/7. They are always tired, low, and stressed. They look forward to hearing their woman's voice as much as they can because it gives them a sense of being at home. But the last thing they need is to here negative things come from there life. After all, they are constantly surrounded by negative during the day. 


You learn that they don't mean to take their stress and irritability out on you but they just do. The hardest part is taking it all in and then just smiling and shrugging it off. You have to learn that your relationship issues must be put on hold because there is never a good time to show any negative sides.


 If you are reading this and have just gotten into a relationship with someone in the military know that I am no expert. But I am learning. Its a difficult process but in time you start to understand a little more. The army comes first whether you like it or not. Thats just the way it is. But remember you have a choice. If you really love the man and want to spend your life with him then you will never give up. Just continue to love, nurture, pray, and be positive. Believe me, I'm preaching to myself. I don't have the hang of this at all yet but I'm learning and I'm also learning that I am not the only one. There are a million other army girlfriends/wives/and mothers that have or are still learning how to deal with this. 


Even though its hard...I wouldn't change a thing. I love him. You gotta take the good with the bad right?


No comments:

Post a Comment