Monday, February 6, 2012

Just When I Thought it Was Safe

This week’s topic is interesting for me to contemplate because, of all the wonderful ladies I write with, I am probably the most pro-military. Not only do I support my soldier, but for the most part, I also support the job he did and the mission he was a part of. Yes, there were many times that I would get frustrated with the Army: for the lack of concrete plans, the excruciatingly long hours, all the normal things that aggravate the most patient of military s/o's. However, holding my tongue in regards to the military and my soldier reacting out of character didn’t occur until after he was home. It was easy for me to be supportive of Austin and his actions while he was gone; not only was I immensely proud of him, but I also knew that he needed me to put on a brave face and be strong for him. 

I have nothing but love and respect for the other women i have met…you're  my strength and support. It's only with them that I have the freedom that any woman in a civilian relationship takes for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment