Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My 4th Circle

Ok, so ya'll know that there are supposedly 9 circles of hell...in my own hell, at least two circles are occupied by Wal-mart. The 3rd circle is Wal-mart on a normal day...by definition, Wal-mart is hell. It also comprises the fifth circle on weekends and payday. ;) Yes, I do know this from personal experience.

But the 4th circle is missing you say? Quite right...the fourth circle of my own personal hell is held by one solitary character:
/

I have become far more proficient in HTML code than I ever thought possible. Now, I won't pretend that i know a whole lot; but I do know enough to get by. Well, after posting almost 100 entries, I had to go back through and organize them. Not so difficult, but definitely time-consuming and labor intensive. Well, after about three hours of sorting and coding, i went back through to check all my links.

None of them worked...now they work a couple hours before when I tried; but now, nothing. What happened? I didn't moce any pages after I input the links...I checked the template again...still right...hmmm.

After hours of going through the entire template, one line at a time I realized what happened. Blogger had decided to "help" out my codes. After I had entered them, Blogger added an extra "/" to each and every link line. Frickin' frackin' Blogger. So then I got the distinct pleasure of going back through each and every link (for the 58th time) to remove the extra character.

So, the moral of this story is:
  1. Computers are a mean breed of machine sometimes.
  2. I hate HTML codes.
  3. Working hyperlinks are overrated.
  4. You can never be too careful when you live in the blogging ghetto.
  5. There is a fourth circle of hell, and it's populated by the /

No comments:

Post a Comment